Here’s my list of little treasures I’ve uncovered recently that are making me happy, healthy, and more beautiful inside and out this week. Enjoy!
1. Celebrating the Small Wins – It’s very hard to be beautiful when you aren’t happy. Carrying an ongoing light of gratitude in your mind and heart is an important part of beauty. At the end of a year it seems we fall into a funk of what we didn’t do or accomplish, and struggle to remember all of those small wins that made our year great (yes it was!). Moving into 2017, I have committed myself to a “Jar of Awesomeness” practice. Watch this short video by one of my entrepreneurial crushes, Tim Ferriss, as he explains how this sweet practice could be the best thing you do for yourself this coming year. (Along with a personal note, it would also be an inexpensive and thoughtful last minute xmas gift!)
2. Unconventional Giving Back – Every year I look back on all the amazing people in my life that have supported me on my journey and bathe in the knowing of how blessed I am. I love having the ability to pay it forward to so many people. The micro-loan organization Kiva allows me to give back in a small way to elevate people out of poverty and support their entrepreneurial dreams of a better life. Since I started with Kiva in 2010, I have made 98 micro-loans for as little as $25 to people in 34 countries. View the recipients of all 98 loans I’ve made here. You can get started on your philanthropic journey for just $25 here.
3. Quote I’m Integrating as I reflect on 2016 – “You can only run your own race.”
4. Radical Thought I’m Having – I am the sum of my intentions and choices.
5. Why We’re Taking Two Weeks Off – This is the second year that the Afterglow team will be taking two weeks off starting on Christmas. We’ll return January 9th, 2017. Sounds insane, doesn’t it? I wrote a blog post about why I believe this is one of the most sane business decisions I’ve made: Why We’re Taking Two Weeks Off. (And don’t worry! We’ll still be taking orders online and shipping while we’re out. Read the blog post to find out how.)
6. My Favorite New Year’s Video – As you move into the new year, set down your critiques and self-criticism about what did or didn’t happen to and for you in 2016… and slip into this gorgeous, inspiring TedTalk Nature. Beauty. Gratitude. by the incredible time-lapse photographer, Louie Schwartzberg.
7. My 3 Winter Skin Savers – Cold weather and dry skin has me reaching for these three amazingly hydrating skin care products; Exuberance Beauty’s Wild Blueberry Intensive Day & Night Cream, Evening Primrose Eye Contour Cream and Organic Infused Lip Soothers.
Thanks for staying present! Enjoy your holiday weekend and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Love & Light,